Wednesday, April 21, 2010

first thunder

Rockin- Brand new DELOREAN

Long story short about yesterday: I was waay too baked to write an entry. Anything I would have attempted probably would have resulted in some sort of nonsensical deconstruction of my reality and existence that I probably would have not understood later (but it makes total sense then!!!)

I think I went through an out of body experience, however, as I was just cooked out of my skull on edibles. Dangerous? More like spiritually enlightening. That, and I was pretty unstopable at Smash Bros for a while.

Today was mellow, as the weather dictated the emotional state with cloudy skies and humidity. I didn't go to recitation this morning for Christian Traditions so that I could work on some papers. I finished it at school, went to lecture, and then I tried to finish my Chicana studies paper for today, but I just couldn't do it. Fortunately, Professor Aldama was ok with a small extension so that I could make something worthwhile. We went through a bunch of presentations in the class, and afterwards I swam some laps at the rec center and whipped my ass and lungs into shape. I feel like I'm getting better, though. After stopping at home, I got some Snarf's for dinner, and then I went to the Rock and Soul Cafe to see this really cool band from Albany, NY, who combine all sorts of Puerto Rican and Latin American and other influences into their music. They were super tight! And they were pretty cool people to talk with as well. I thought the backup singer was freakin' GORGEOUS...but I insubordinately found out that she's a lesbian (I think?) and going out with the drummer. I spent some time practicing at the music school afterwards, and I think I'm ready to crash here for the night.

That spiritual experience gave me a lot of insight, like it really made me feel how important it is to stay calm and focused on everything. I felt like everything I was doing after the moment just made me feel so organized and focused.

Today's photo: COOOOOOKIE.


Good night.

-c

1 comment:

Neal B said...

yay Larry! tell everyone about your LA trip!