Sunday, April 25, 2010

magnetism

So I haven't been able to write about such positive emotions of "the" sort lately, but it's safe to say that I had a fucking awesome time out on Pearl St. tonight.

Start with this morning: Tung comes over, shortly after I get done eating some cereal and watching Descontrol on TV, and after grabbing some coffee, we drove to Greeley for the jazz festival up there today. We were rocking some J Dilla and some Jedi Mind Tricks on the entire way over, and soon we were warming up with the rest of the band. Our performance was pretty good, my solos were decent, overall it was a good experience. We took some photos afterwards (Sterling and I rocked some yoga poses for the second photo), and then I hung out with Michelle and watched some more of the jazz bands with her. Jazz I killed, and UNC's Lab Band II was really good too. Michelle took me to a place called JB's afterwards, where we got to eat some super cheap and delicious comfort food of hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, and waffle fries with homemade root beer. We hung out and talked at her house for a while afterwards, and then I drove back to Greeley, somewhat turned off with my music because I didn't know what to listen to. I somehow left my key inside the house, and then I went to Folsom St. to go see Tung play with Gora Gora Orkestrar. They sounded really cool! And Tung told me it'd be totally cool to sit in with them sometime soon. I went home, talked with Andrew for a while, and had some pasta and veggie ground beef with pasta that our couchsurfers made for dinner, and then Andrew and I hit up Pearl St. with Dedy, starting at the Sundowner. Fast forward a couple of unsuccessful pool games later, we're outside, and I see Jackie standing outside with some of her friends, and I'm thinking to myself "I KNEW this was gonna fucking happen!" I go up, talk with her, get friendly with her friends, and somehow they were cool to tag along with us over to the Walnut, where we get down on the dance floor and start going nuts to all sorts of dance and 80s music the DJ was blaring through the place. After a bunch of dancing, some part of me still feels drawn to making a move on Jackie...however, at one point, one of her friends was just hanging out, and I came up and started talking with her about something ridiculous. Her name is Lola. We chit chat for a while before I made the call to go outside, and she was cool enough to follow and sit with me on the curb and cool down for a bit. We weren't gonnna be able to get back inside because there was a line forming outside the place by this point, but I didn't care because we talked for a long time about all sorts of school and music things, and somehow at one point it turned into her telling me that she's a beat-boxer for her acapella group. So I use this opportunity to ask her to beat-box, and then I started throwing down all sorts of ridiculous flows for a super long time, and we keep going and going while all her other friends start coming outside, soon to be followed by Dedy and Andrew coming outside. We just started going nuts and beat-boxing and dancing and flowing right here on 11th street and Walnut. Very cool. We decided to go hit up the Catacombs, and on the way there the beat-boxing continued, and I just started making up some really ridiculous rhymes about Arnold Schwartzeneger and all sorts of other things. The girls lost some of their party, and it ended up being just Lola and Jackie tagging along with me and the other two, and downstairs Jackie was totally talking to me again, much to my felt notion that she probably totally avoided me for the past two weeks. However, by this point, I had totally started some feelings for Lola, just because it felt so easy to talk with her, not to mention that she is waaay cute. It almost felt ironic that down in the bar, Jackie bought ME a drink, as well as a beer for Lola and herself, just becuase of what I kept thinking about for the weeks before. I ran into a TON of people there as well, ranging from Eric from Cafe Roma, Austin from CU Security, and Ari from Sunflower Market. All my friends were out tonight, and it was incredible to ride such a good energy and run into so many people that I know. Everyone was just hanging out and playing video games, and I dominated Andrew and Dedy in air hockey, but for some reason the joint closed down real early tonight, so we all left and walked up Pearl St. again to the gyro stand, where Dedy got some chow and we all were just talking and hanging out for a while. By this point, Andrew had finally gutsied up and started making a move on Jackie, as I was still talking with Lola, and Dedy was talking along with us too. I dunno how to explain things about how some things just made me feel really happy. It was just something like an attractive girl could have a lot to share in common with me and not totally treat me like a complete creeper, like just genuine interest, something I feel like I hadn't felt from another girl in such a long time. Before we left, I got her number, said we should totally hang out again sometime after finals week is over, and upon the first good-bye, we realized Andrew and Jackie were still talking and hanging out with each other. In playful gesture, I leaned up against her, felt her hooded figure draw her head on my shoulder, and I felt like I just wanted to stand there all night, feeling somebody close to me in the middle of that crowded mall, which was now filled with drunked frat boys and trashy girls, emerging as all the other bars closed. It just felt awesome, like just an understood mutual attraction, just a beautiful feeling that I didn't want to let go. She blew me a kiss as her and Jackie walked away, and then Andrew and I had a fun bike ride home, reminiscing about how awesome the night was that we just had.

Booyah! I don't think I've told a story like that in a LONG time, but I like to write it out whenever I have a freakin' blast somewhere. It's like I want to remember every single thing I did tonight becuase everything gave me such a high on spirits and such a positive outlook into the life I have right now. It's incredible, and I just feel so blessed to know the people that I know right now in my life, and the possibilities of what might come in the near future.

Today's photo is Tung's band rockin' at Folsom St. I've taken a lot of good photos lately, but this one is THE one for today.


Anyways, here's to feeling awesome, here's to love, here's to some great feelings and the hard work done to keep these feelings coming. Smiles.

-c

No comments: