
Rockin- Bear in Heaven
Today was windy, very gusty all day. Talk about blowing pollen and stuffy noses and itchy eyes.
Antrho lecture this morning was interesting, and I spent the morning attempting to work on more of my methodology for my ETHN senior class. I also was doing laundry, drinking coffee, and before that, I got distracted by my new delay pedal that came in the mail. So I have clean laundry, a room on its way to being clean, a clean desk, but I do not have my papers together yet. I feel the simple challenges are pretty good victories for now.
I sped off to Greeley in the afternoon for Michelle's senior vocal recital, blasting Arturo Sandoval's "Hot House" on the way up there. Again, WINDY. Just one mile from the exit to Greeley on I-25, there was a bad accident that plugged traffic for twenty minutes or so. I got there after the concert started, but fortunatly the other girl in the recital had her performance first, and Michelle was in the second half. She sang beautifully, and the entire time I was in a bit of a nostalgic trance about the history we've shared together back in Albuquerque and up here now. Things have come a long way, indeed.
Her parents treated us and her friends to some pizza and drinks at Old Chicago afterwards. After a good deal of pizza, I took Michelle back to her apartment, and she sounds like she's having some issues with her relationship and some stress with her vocal commitments. Regardless of some deep talk, it was nice to spend time with her. I couldn't help, though, at some point to think about all the times she's come up to me and started asking me "what if it had been different?" back in high school. Maybe I'm pretty lonely in that regard still.
The drive home was quick, and though I was going to spend some time at the gym and the music school, a trip to Sunflower killed the energy, and I think time is best spent tonight decompressing and not stressing about deadlines. It's nights like these that make me want to escape into a fantasy of having a dayjob and spending the rest of my time playing music in a rehearsal space.
Today's photo is up in the corner, a nice one of me and a good friend. One I just might have for the rest of my life. Good night.
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment