Sometimes I wish I were a girl so that I could enter their mind and their side of things to find out just exactly what the fuck they're thinking about. I'm sure they probably say the same.
I woke early again this morning, but it was a little harder getting up with 6 hours this time. Feels like I'm pulling myself kinda thin for finals week. I got my research paper done and a presentation complete for Christian Traditions, but smart me left my wallet in my room, and Daniel's girlfriend had to bring it up for me, therefore making me late for recitation. Everything went well, though, and Dr. Valeta seemed pretty content with my work. I went to Amante and did some of a paper for Chicana studies while sitting outside with an iced tea and a muffin, and then I headed back to the library for some more work, also running into quite a number of friends everywhere. The last lecture in Christian Traditions saw an interesting perspective about the modern adaptations and theologies involved with the religion, kinda all the stuff that I was reeeeally interested in studying in the first place. After finding out my Chicana studies paper isn't due till Monday, I went to Sunflower and QDoba and got some materials for beans and tortilla chips and salsa. Our last seminar saw some engaged conversation and lots of snacks and food, and I made sure to get everybody's Facebook before going out of there. I swam some laps at the rec center and got a shake at Jamba Juice, and I tried calling Lola, but she didn't answer, so I left her a message. She still hasn't called back.
I went to the orchestra concert at Macky, and met up with Lauren at some point to watch Mahler's 1st symphony together, following the Beethoven Piano/Choral/Orchestra suite. We went out with Kate later to Pearl St, but eveywhere was closed, so we ended up at QDoba for some burritos.
So right now, maybe my mind shouldn't be dabbling with those thoughts at the moment anyways.
But goddammit, some things just are unavoidable, I suppose.
-c
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment