Wednesday, April 14, 2010

quest for brass polish

Rockin- Delorean

Looking out the window this morning made me get one of those sensations that it was going to be warm and sunny all day long. I was right.

Christian traditions recitation this morning was ok. I spent a lot of time getting distracted on my laptop. I met Sebass for breakfast, coffee, and conversation at Dot's afterwards, and we talked some more about dreams and plans for the future. Seems to be a popular subject. I did some work in Norlin afterwards with a powerpoint presentation for Chicana Studies, and after Christian Traditions lecture, I did some more work, only to realize later that I would present it next week because we talked about so many other things in class today. Going on tangents for discussions seems to be the norm for that class. I swam some laps afterwards, and I could not help but feel a lack of energy at one point during exercise, and that feeling wavered for the rest of the night. I came home, ate some crackers, got a box to ship my trombone slide to the "Slide Doctor" in Georgia soon, and I spent the evening going around the grocery stores in search of brass polish. I got some tacos and taquitos at Wahoo's, and back at home, Chey and her friends and everyone else was lighting up a pretty decent amount. We watched some George Carlin clips on YouTube, and I reinvoked some feelings of sadness for his loss two years ago. What a brilliant guy.

Tomorrow evening I leave to LA for the weekend. Of course, in the back of my mind, I'll be stressing about all the work and practice I'll be leaving for a couple of days, but I'd rather just confront that reality now and know things will get done. I'm hella excited for spending some time with Neal again, and I'll nothing but good vibes for the entire time. His house doesn't have internet, though, so I'll have to see where the updates are going to go for a while.

Today's photo: a dressed up Sebass posing at Dot's! Peace out.



-c

No comments: