Thursday, April 29, 2010

always more to share

The weather today was weird. Super rainy and cold in the morning, somewhat sunny and temperate in the afternoon, followed by an ominous yellow moon lurking on the eastern horizon of Boulder. Pretty nuts.

I woke up and went to Anthro lecture this morning and had a fairly fruitful final exam review. I came home afterwards, and my attention split from studying into making music all afternoon. I had a lot of fun making an electronic lounge-infused creation off some random sample online. During jazz band today, we were going through student assignments, and Annie had the only one worth playing through. I went to Sebass' theater deal and saw him do a really funny monalogue for his class and some friends. Lauren and I chatted for a bit before I came home, finished the track, and then picked up Andrew, Apolune, and Daniel for dinner at Ras Kassas. Good stuff, and I forgot to mention it is Andrew's birthday! Kinda mellow this year, I suppose, but he seemed pretty happy with having us join him for dinner.

I read a good attitude on Zen Habits today about the notion that there is nothing "good" or "bad" in this world, but things just "are," even some of the worst things that have happened in the world. It is about the fact that once something has happened, it's happened, and there is nothing that we can do to change that course of history. With that in mind, it really helps me accept the things I have no control over in my life right now with some affairs, and the best I can only hope for is that things go as the should.

Today's photo is the Treehouse crew + Apolune during dinner. Good night, and best of everything.


-c

No comments: