What's Rockin- "Sugarette"- Bibio
Last Sunday was a mellow day. I went to Whole Foods and Borders with Dad, and at Borders, I contemplated some French grammar books and some workout guides. Feels like I want to give something else a try this semester at the gym instead of repeating Core Performance. Back at home, we cooked an epic dinner of stir-fried shrimp, chicken, and tossed Asian vegetables, some rice, some green tea and hot sake, and for dessert, we had vanilla ice cream with raspberries and bisco chitos. Later that night, I met Alex at his house, and we went to Two Fools to go have a couple of beers together, and then we hung out at his place for a while before I came home for the night.
Waking up yesterday, I got some things together for the afternoon, and then Alex came and picked me up to go to the Jemez. We went to a part of the area called Ponderosa, and we wandered around the area, looking for good boulders to climb, though we were kinda out of shape for it. We decided to go hike to the top of the mesa, and there were some really cool old petroglyphs and stone walls all over the place. We spent some time meditating on the edge, and then we came back down to the car because we got hungry. We drove into Jemez Springs, and the only place that was open was a small saloon called Los Ojos. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with green chile and cheese, and Alex had this burger-steak concoction with lots of chile. We drove back afterwards, and the sun had already set over the west side, so it was pretty dark everywhere on the drive home. Back at home, Dad made lasagna, and I ate with him and Chey for a little while, and then I spend some time vegging in front of the TV with the TCU/Boise State game. I drove to Natalie's house afterwards and got to see her pad for the first time. However, it was in this time Daniel sent me a text from Boulder, saying that our house was broken into over break, and my laptop and bike were stolen, as well as some of the others' laptops and bikes. Though it put a bit of a damper to my night, I didn't feel too bummed, but it definitely distracted me from feeling communicative with my friends a bit. Alex met us at Natalie's, and then we drove to the airport to pick up Andrew. We hit up Frontier and met one of Andrew's friends, and we chowed down chile and sweet rolls and talked for a while. I gave both of the Jenks a ride back to their houses, and then I rolled home, listening to Barry White the entire night.
I didn't sleep very well last night. I have a lot of negative energy running inside my mind right now, maybe because of this whole burglary situation, and I kept running all these outstretched fears and thoughts in my head. I had some odd dreams about a Dions opening up in Colorado, and for whatever dream-induced reason, I thought that was some really huge deal.
Anyways, shit happens. I'll still enjoy this day otherwise.
-c
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment