Thursday, January 14, 2010

on lend from the universe

Didn't update last night because I'm on a new deal to NOT go online or in front of any TV screens at least an hour before bedtime.

Wednesdays are definitely going to be pretty intense "hump days" for me this semester. I woke up and got to my Christian Traditions recitation a little late. We just had a bit of a introduction and a talk about some articles. I went to Cafe Roma afterwards, and I networked with one of the baristas there for some more hip hop and electronic music. With the weather being pretty nice and warm enough, it was nice to have my coffee and muffin on the outdoor patio. I played some trombone, and then I had my C. T. lecture, talking about different constructions of religion in the eyes of some of the more influential thinkers in our history. I did some more trombone practice afterwards, as well as some computer perusing, and then I had my first Chicana/o studies seminar. The class has us reading up to a book a week, supplemented with some other articles, and it is two and half hours long. Pretty intense. I came home and then hit the gym afterwards, and I pushed myself pretty hard with some stretching, power lifting, and running two miles. After showering and eating some mac and cheese and stuffed mushrooms that Andrew and Dana had cooked, I delivered some 40s for Chey and her friends, and then I went to Danny's house to pick up some music that I said I would help copy for him. Sterling and I threw down another sporadic freestyle. I did some more practice at the music school afterwards, and then at home, I meditated and crashed around 1215.

I'll get to today sometime later. For now, staying busy seems to fit me pretty well, but I'm excited for this weekend's events as well.

-c

No comments: