What's Rockin'- "Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime"- The Field
Feels like all I want to to right now is sleep. Guh. How many people fucking say that every day?
Friday ended up being pretty nice. Spent some time practicing and printing out worksheets on campus. At home, Sterling came over, and we made some beats as Mom and Dad starting getting dinner ready. The dinner gathering was really nice. We had a ton of spaghetti with a buffalo marinara sauce, some salad, bread, cheese, smoked salmon, and lots of wine and Dark and Stormy cocktails. After the meal, everyone was just hanging out in the family room, playing video games, lighting up in Andrew's room, and drinking some more. Pretty chill night.
Saturday started with some breakfast with the family at Aji. Dad and I split an order of eggs benedict and some french toast. The horchata there was pretty amazing. We shopped at the Boulder Army Store afterwards, and Mom bought me a new sweater, and I got some new sunglasses. We walked around Pearl St for a while, and then we came back to my house, and then we went over to McGuckins, where the parents bought me a bunch of kitchen ware. After that, they headed out to buy Chey a new TV, so it was the last time I was able to see them for a while. I spent the afternoon chillin' out, working on some beats, and Sterling came over again to jam out on the piano and work on the beat some more. Afterwards, I was a bum. I didn't do so much in the evening, and I ended up playing a whole lotta video games. That was pretty much it until I fell asleep at midnight.
Today, Cook, Cate, Chey, Tia and I had breakfast at the Dushanbe Teahouse. I had a bomb-ass omelette with pita bread and some Indian curry. Everyone else had a pretty stellar breakfast as well. I went to campus afterwards to do some reading for Chicana studies, and I did some piano and trombone practice at the music school. Back at home, Cook was just leaving, and there were two police officers slowly searching around a house across the street for some reason. I played some Smash Bros with Daniel, and after fruitlessly messing around Ableton for a bit, I'm contemplating a super-early bedtime.
And so goes this energy void at the moment. I figure the more I talk about it, the more I'll convice myself that I'm so tired, and I'll end up feeling tied. Maybe I just had last week and all the concerts catch up to me. Or maybe I'm trying to find a good progressive routine again.
Love is a funny thing. And as much as I convince myself that I don't like anyone now and don't need the love and affection of another, I'm probably wrong. Ah well.
13 hours of sleep? I hope so.
-c
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment