What's Rockin: "Lament"- J.J. Johnson and Kai Winding
Picking up from the last couple of days...what's been going on?
-Last day in Albuquerque was nice. Made a beat all day, ate pasole with Mom and Chey and showed them my music, and then rocked it at Winnings with Dylan and Neal, followed by Frontier. Good last night in the 505.
-Drive back to Boulder almost seemed irritable, possibly because my ears were ringing from wearing my headphones so much. Listened to On The Road again and some episodes of This American Life. Went out to ModMarket with Lauren for dinner, and then chilled for the rest of the night.
-Ran errands all Saturday. Worked out for the first time since being back. Picked up Andrew from the bus station. Had a depressing moment at home, and decided to go hang out at Kiah's with a couple of beers. Watched a bunch of Dave Chapelle and George Carlin. Definitely brightened the day.
-Went on hike with Andrew and his friends Sunday at Chataqua. Weather was beautiful. Was hiking with this wicked cute girl for some time. Got a bunch of groceries, and hosted a big dinner part at the household for the night. Beforehand, had a massive cleaning haul of the entire house. Lauren, Alex, Alyssa, Andrew's friends, and many others joined for a massive vegetarian "country-style" feast. Dad and Chey also got back into town. Very chill night.
-Ate at Dot's Diner Monday morning with Dad, Chey, and Cookie. Ate a ton of eggs and avacado and sauteed peppers. Had first Christian Tradition class, and then spent the afternoon wandering around campus, as well as playing trombone again. Worked out, came home, and then went with Andrew and Dedy later in the night to a random house party on the Hill to meet this girl Dedy had met at a climbing festival. As party died, ended up going to the Cellar Door next to Cosmos for the first time, and had a couple of drinks to end the night. Andrew bumped some Wu-Tang at 2 in the morning.
Today was a great energy all day, even if I hadn't slept as much as I should have. I went to my Antrho lecture at 930, and after some trombone practice, Dedy and Malina met me on campus, and we went to You and Mee Noodle House on the Hill for lunch. I had a veggie pad thai, and the noodles were kinda tough. After chillin at Norlin, I had my first Ethnic Studies Research Practicum, and the class pretty much consists of a bunch of friends I've known for a while. I practiced some more tbone, and then after stopping by Performance Bicycles, I wanted to go work out, but I forgot my wallet after biking up there, so I ended up playing Smash Bros with Daniel instead. I drove down to Denver to meet Cook and Catie and Jay and Jone and their family members for dinner at Breckenridge Brewery. I would be lying if I didn't say it felt sort of odd taking those guys to a place like that restaurant, but that moment didn't last too long after we started talking about a bunch of old funny stories, mainly the ones that Jay had told me back in Dulce. Altogether, it was really nice seeing those guys come visit us, and the food was amazing (even if I had to break my veggie streak already). Like Mom texted Cookie, "always good to spend time with the family".
And dang, it's only Tuesday night. Pray be that the rest of this semester is as good as these past couple of days.
-c
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment