What's Rockin- "Rock 10"- Ill Mondo/ Neal Rames
Another night of some tossing and turning. And some weird dreams I couldn't remember. Ah.
I woke at 1130 this morning, and I gave some friends a call for brunch. I showered, picked up Dad from Flying Star, picked up Andrew at his house (also chatting with him and his dad for a while), picked up Daniel's Wii from his family's house (and met Daniel's mom, Mrs. Weeks, for the first time), and then the three of us went to the Grove Cafe in downtown for lunch. Andrew and I split a grilled cheese w/ green chili and a mozzarella/basil/tomato sandwich with olive bread. Both were equally delicious. All of us also had some freakin' great cupcakes for dessert. Not to mention there were a good amount of hot chicks during our time there.
We drove Andrew back to his house, and back at home, Neal came over, and we spent the afternoon with Ableton in the dining room, yet again. With some more experimentation, I found out how to use some of the instruments more and more, and as that came, the inspirational ideas started flowing. I messed around some more, did some meditation, and then Chey, AJ, and Jessica got busy in the kitchen with dinner, which was decided upon breakfast burritos. Good stuff. Mom and Dad came home from their date at Yanni's, and after talking with them for a bit, I met Neal at Flying Star on Montgomery for a dessert of this coffee-cake and a cherry-berry pie with ice cream. We went to his house afterwards, and we listened to a ton of music and talked about all kinds of music, whether that was the brilliance of the genre of hip hop, the influence of the Beatles in Elliott Smith's music, the awesome drum samples used in J-Dilla's beats, or something else along those lines. Before I drove home, I took time to admire the view of the city from the heights, as well as to look at all the stars in the sky, as it was crystal clear over Albuquerque tonight.
Tomorrow spells my last day in Albuquerque for the break. I originally thought of leaving tomorrow morning, but somehow I just didn't feel ready to leave yet. Probably a good call.
-c
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment