Saturday, January 2, 2010

twenty ten

What's Rockin: "Trimmed and Burning"- Built to Spill

I owe it to myself to do some blogging.

Start with NEW YEARS EVE. The family, plus AJ, went out to I Love Sushi for an awesome teppan yaki dinner. We got a lot of sushi and a ton of fried rice and teriyaki chicken and beef. Our chef was pretty cool, and Dad and I did some sake bombs together. Back at home, we had beers and watched some TV. The turning of the year was brought in with champange and some stogies. Dad and I, in our drunken amusement, went outside to set off some shitty fireworks that had been sitting in the garage for the last five years. After watching TV for a while, Mom and Dad went to bed, upon which Chey, AJ, Jennica, and Jennica's BF came back to our house. Chey and Jennica were pretty drunk, while the guys were pretty sober. It was pretty funny; however, I ended up having to do some cleanup later on. I showered and was in bed by 4 in the morning.

NEW YEARS DAY...I didn't wake up until 11:45 or so. I ate pancakes and sat on the couch for a great deal of time watching college football. At some point, I even got dressed. Mom and Dad brough home Dominos for dinner, and we soon left to go to the Lobos basketball game against Dayton. It was a great, challenging games for the Lobos, and they won. For me, it was exciting to cheer for a sports team I actually care about, and I only wish CU would get their shit together to make teams like the Lobos. Oh well. Mom and Dad dropped me off at Frontier to meet Dyl and Neal, but little did I realize the Frontier was closed for New Years. We met at Satellite instead, and after some drinks, we drove down to Dyl's family's house in the valley. Neal rolled some pretty gnarly spliffs, and we just hung out in Dyl's room, messing around with some beats for a while. Neal and I drove back home later, cranking some dub-step the entire drive back home. I showered and passed out after a while.

TODAY...I woke up kinda late again. After a bowl of oatmeal, I got some coffee at Starbucks, and I met Neal at his house. We brough along his dog, and we went for a short hike in the Sandias close to the first tram tower. The sun was shining brightly on Albuquerque today. Neal and I sat on a rock and talked about plans and thoughts about Albuquerque for a while, and the dog ran around through all the bushes and rocks all over the place. We went back to his house afterwards, and then we came down to my house to work on some beats. After a couple of pointers, we did some beats for the afternoon. The family came back, and for dinner, we all had some bomb-ass green chile enchiladas, beans, and rice. The rest of the evening was spent making beats, and Dyl joined us later on. We did some pretty ridiculous freestyles over some beats I've been working with, and after we grew tired of that, we watched TV for a bit. I've been on here sinced they peaced, and with Facebook, I got some surprising chats with Bethany and Taylor, and it makes me want to get back to Boulder more and more. It just feels like it's getting hard to think for myself around here, and I'm ready to get back to a fairly healthy lifestyle and school again.

But hey, life is meant to be enjoyed everywhere. I'll keep making some good memories until this Thursday comes.

-c

No comments: