Great day.
I started it off with some cereal in the morning. I went to Folsom St for some coffee, took the bus to campus, and I spent a while practicing some scales with my trombone, and I definitely had a wave of satisfaction and confidence with regaining my chops again. I read in the UMC afterwards for my Christian Traditions class, and then I worked out at the rec center with some intense stretching and running. I came home afterwards, ran to Sunflower, talked with the neighbors, and made a salad and a "veggie-ham" sandwich with brie cheese for dinner. Joel and Alice came over later, and we drove down to Denver to go see NOMO tonight. We were early, so we went to another bar first and had a beer and some nachos and queso. Over at Cervantes Other Room, we spent a while watching the DJ spin some tracks and play some really cool music videos through projectors onto the walls of the place, and he was spinning a lot of really old school soul and hip hop beats. NOMO came on around 10:30, and immediately I was impressed with their live sound. Super high energy, very talented musicians, and they're just one of those bands that anybody would appreciate. Incredible show. I had my FLIP video for the first time for a show, and I came with clips like these:
I also ran into Coby and his friend, who were equally as stoked from tonight's show. After talking with the band for a bit, we drove home, listening to all this other music from artists coming to do shows in this area here soon...Prefuse 73, Delorean, Beach House, Deerhunter...this semester's gonna be epic! I also showed Alice and Joel some of my Ableton projects on my iPod, and they really dug it.
Man! Such high energy. And Chey's bday celebrations are at the end of this week.
Let's keep it coming.
-c
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment