Thursday, January 14, 2010

brown eyes, brown eyes...

What's Rockin: "I'd Have It Just The Way We Were"- White Denim

Thursdays always are pretty good days. Anthro lecture this morning was already bringing up questions about moral issues with life and death and the "right to die" choice for people in permanent states of unconsciousness. Intense. I went to Cafe Roma to get a muffin and a coffee, and then I spent some time at the UMC copying some of Danny's sax part for a chart and doing some work on my laptop. I took some time to watch the Greg Harris Quarter play in the UMC, and aftewards, I ran into a bunch of people, including Cristina. We walked around and talked about our winter breaks. She had on a cool-looking turquoise shirt and a pair of gold-framed glasses, and I felt some "fluttery" moments being around her. After hanging for a bit, we agreed on dinner tomorrow night. I was late to my ETHN research seminar, but it wasn't a big deal, as our class just started watching this movie right when I walked in. It was a mockumentary about Inuit poeples studying white people in the same ways that white people have studied other indigenous cultures, and it ended up being really funny. I went with Kiah to the bookstore, and then I spent some time warming up at the music school. The rehearsal for the recording was ok, but I definitely knew my playing is not on par yet for next Tuesday. I showed Danny my beats afterwards, and then I went to the rec center and had another pretty intense workout, with more power stretching and running. Back at home, Daniel and his new acquaintance, Apaloon, shared some of their delicious lentil soup with me for dinner. I played some Smash Bros, and since then, I've been working on some beats on Ableton for a couple of hours. I'm getting better at warping samples and making some more ideas. The big picture right now is to get a ton of instrumental tracks together, and then I want to get all sorts of people to come MC on them, make the tracks sound good, and then post them online for fun.

Lots to look forward to this weekend...whoa! It's weird to be calling Thursday nights my weekend, but that's how it turned out for me this semester. I think I'm gonna enjoy it pretty well.

-c

No comments: