Wednesday, January 20, 2010

rationale

What's Rockin- "Fields Shorelines and Hunters"- M83

I should let my iPod shuffle more often...it's been making one hell of a mix for me tonight.

The rest of yesterday was pretty nice. Actually, it got a lot better after the last blog. I ran into Cristina again in the UMC, and what came out of that is the reality that I'm a bipolar asshole that talked a lot of shit after last Friday. She gave me a solemn look and said she owed me an enormous apology...she explained she left her phone at yoga and couldn't get it back until Sunday.

So shit, how am I to hold any bad feelings about the situation? I still like her, and that probably robs me the credibility I made with all the friends and family I talked to about the whole stand-up experience. Ah well. If anything, I learned something about myself again.

I hung with Ryan and Joe in the UMC for a bit, and then I had my ETHN seminar. Our second paper assignment is to write a socially deconstructive analysis of Avatar. I went home after class, picked up my trombone, and then the jazz ensemble had the first recording session in the Black Box Theater. I worked out afterwards, and back at home, I had dinner and watched Invictus with Daniel and Apolune. Nelson Mandela...pretty inspiring guy.

I had a hard time waking up this morning, probably still tired from the past couple of nights. After my Christian Traditions recitation, I ran into Sebass, and we met Cook at Dot's on the Hill for some brunch. I chilled in the UMC for a while, and I did some readings for my Chicana studies seminar. I had the lecture for the Xtian Traditions, and I took a short siesta before Chicana studies. I practiced some trombone, went to Qdoba for dinner, grabbed some more ginger ale at Sunflower, and back at home, my night's been consumed by Smash Bros with Daniel, and later with Cole. That game is incredible. Just fuckin' incredible.

I'm feeling a lot of good vibes right now. Cristina suggest a little "lunch date" at school tomorrow. Think I'll bring some tasty veggie sandwiches.

-c

No comments: