Sunday, January 24, 2010

imagination is all you need

What's Rockin'- "Archangel"- Burial

Thursday brought in some more sunny, cool weather. I had Antrho, and then I spent some time at Cafe Roma. The lunch date discussed in the last entry was nice, as Cristina and I split a "Griefo" from Cheeba Hut. ETHN seminar was an interesting discussion and viewing of perspectives of Haiti by the media. I did some trombone practice afterwards, as well as some piano, and I spent the evening with some Ableton beat making and some vegging out. Lacked the energy to go work out for whatever reason.

Friday was another slow-ish day. I met Chey and Cookie at Walnut Cafe for lunch, and I chowed down a big breakfast burrito with some blueberry cornbread. After buying Nic a pair of gloves and looking through a thrift shop, I vegged some more for the entire day. Did a lot of work with Ableton, and I played a lot of Wii with Daniel and Andrew. For the night, Andrew and I went to our neighbor's place, this time being Erin and these other guys who are part of the complex Roane and Dana used to live in. We sat around, had some drinks, and talked about skateboarding and people with no fear of death in their lives.

Today was pretty laid back. I was up kinda late, and yet again more time was spent on my laptop with music. Chey came over with Tia and Jenny, and we chilled with Larry for the while, and it was the first time I'd gotten to that state since the brownies back in December. I went to the gym, and though it was a lethargic-state of mind for the work out, I'm still glad I made it. Back at home, Daniel and I played some Smash Bros, and then I met Sebass at Chipotle for some dinner. We spent some time reading magazines at the Colorado Bookstore, walking around Pearl St, and then we grabbed some beers and came back to my place. Andrew and Malina were home, and we ended up watching "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly". Definitely an intense film, and though it was very sad, it had some really important lessons that I understood.

Tomorrow I feel like getting ahead with schoolwork and then going to NOMO in Denver for the evening. Like something goal-oriented.

Here's to success.

-c

No comments: