What's Rockin: "Venice Beach"- Desolation Wilderness
Once again, that fuckin' Death Cab song ALWAYS comes to mind for the NYE holiday. Oh well, I guess somethings just never escape your mind.
I woke up late again yesterday, and after getting ready, I had a bowl of Lucky Charms and then headed down to the cultural center one more time. My plans changed to leave that afternoon because I wanted to beat this winter snow storm that developed. I bought a lot of books from the gift store, and after talking with Jay and Brian one more time and burning some Apache language CDs in Jay's office, I went back to Grandma's house. After some lunch, I was off, and there was a pretty good layer of snow and ice all over the roads. Rowan and Molly followed me in Rowan's truck to the tipis, which took a while just because of all the snow. At some points the road was completely white-d out, and I had to rely on some faint sights of tire tracks to know where to go. It was beautiful outside, however, and the snow was coming down everywhere, creating a dense fog all over the forests and the plains. At the casino by the tipis, Rowan and Molly went to go play some slots for a little while, and I got a cheeseburger and fries at the grill. The snow was relentless through Cuba, and after a stop for the bathroom and a Vitamin Water, I drove through more snow until fifteen minutes out of there. There was still some ice on some parts of the road. I listened to This American Life for the last part of the trip, coming into Bernalillo, and I got home around 445. I did some beat-making for a while, and then Chey and I headed out to meet Dad for dinner at this place called Rodeo Grill, where the old Range Cafe used to be. We had a dinner of fried chicken and waffles and some rellenos stuffed with three cheeses and this mushroom risotto. The place was pretty bomb. I met Neal at Flying Star afterwards, and we sipped down some lattes and talked with each other for a long time. His parents were there too, and at one point, Neal's mom bought a kachina from some buy wandering around, trying to sell these dolls to the customers. She said his family needed "gas money". Bob also showed up later, and after Dyl rolled in, they smoked out in the car, and we went over to this party, a 21st birthday for this girl Dyl knows, over by Spain and Morris. It was pretty cool...there were not too many people over, and the drinking consisted of a lot of shot-taking of Smirnoff and gin and tonics. I only had two beers, though. The cycle of the party consisted of everyone doing random drunk stuff inside, and then everyone would huddle in the backyard to some ciggies. We met this one North Carolinian guy who had a weird defensive attitude, and he talked to us about his dream to join the military. The latter part of the night involved the NF crew taking over the sound system in the living room, which was a set of two really shitty computer speakers, and busting out a freestyle rap battle against each other. There were also some other MCs I'd never heard bust flows before either. Before I left, we chilled with Larry in the backyard for a while, and I fell asleep pretty fast back at home.
I have no plans for tonight, no big parties or occasions with friends or any of that, but I feel my night is going to be a good one. I might just spend all evening playing music and reading books, and then doing the big toast with the parents and maybe Chey and her friends later on. As far as anything resolution-oriented goes, I've got nothing ahead of me except to keep doing better of what I've already been doing.
What a weird sentence. Peace out 2009.
-c
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment