Monday, December 7, 2009

apple juice?

This morning started with more grey light through the windows. I got dressed and went to campus early to do some work on my math project, and I had some oatmeal from Jamba Juice and a Nantucket Orange Juice. Cook sent me a hilarious link to some band from Toronto that do incredibly funny overdubs of episodes of Star Trek. I was also lucky to have another free breakfast of French toast strips and eggs and hash browns and fruit from the SORCE lounge. We finished up the lectures in Antrho class, and then I spent some more time transcribing the Fuchigami interview before going to this power hour for finals studies methods. The only reason for attending was essentially credit for my scholarship. Math class was reviewing yesterday's homework, which ended up being the last assignment of this semester. I went to Half Fast afterwards with Sebastien, and we had a good talk over some sub specials. My Mod Lit class became incredibly interesting, now after reading all of the professor's book, and after all the deep discussions, I told him after class that I really enjoyed his book, and he seemed to sincerely take the comment with graciousness. I finally wrapped up the interview transcription at the UMC afterwards, and then at J. Am. Internment class, we watched student presentations, and Professor Maeda even brought us tea and all sorts of Japanese snacks, including Pocky! Back home, Andrew and I made a run to Sunflower for groceries for a family meal tonight, and we threw down a delicious Potato Pea Curry with rice. Laura and Chey also came over for the festivites, and Laura brought us cookies to compliment the blackberries we also purchased for dessert. The whole occasion was just filled with good energy, as if finals didn't even exist this week, and we just talked and talked and laughed and laughed the entire time. Chey brought out Larry later on, and though I still have some doubts with it, I trusted myself, and though I did get some throat sensation, I ended up realizing how calm I felt during the experience. Everyone was super mellowed out. We had the lights dim, blankets around our bodies, a candle in the middle of our coffee table, and Barry White and 70s sould music streaming through the stereo. It was just an absolutely great time. To make matters better, I really scrounged for the lost Flip Video camera in my bag, and out of nowhere I found it at the VERY bottom of my messenger bag! Words could not describe how enthralled I was to finally find it again! I uploaded the videos to clear the memory to return it to Professor Maeda, and after now just watching all the videos from my birthday party, I'm running high with nostalgic, high energy emotions again.

Just gotta love it. Just gotta love. That's right.

-c

No comments: