Got a little zoned out to write last night.
Yesterday, Friday, was a pretty solid day. I woke up late and arrived at Anthro (last of this semester) five minutes after 10. I probably would have been better not going to that lecture, but it was interesting nonetheless. I went to Roma to do some math, and then I went to Topaz's office hours to discuss some of the problems. We ended up having a thoughtful conversation about passions and classes. I went to the math class afterwards, and again, I probably would have done better using that time to study on my own, as the class was going over other problems I already understood. I went home afterwards and dawdled around for the afternoon on the computer and the piano. I didn't have a very keen focus, I guess. After a nap, I woke up as the sun was setting, and I went to the library to re-check out Godric for my Mod Lit final paper. I went to the Laughing Goat to finish some notes for my SLHS class, and there was live music going down some time after I got there. I ran into Dine again, and it was an interesting thought to know that I had not seen her since she got married. After a lot of studying and staring at a computer screen, I went home, where Chey, Cook, Catie, Andrew, Daniel, Jenny, and Tia were all collected in the family room. I played one round of Smash Bros, and then I finished my notes while listening to music with Andrew. The night concluded after that.
This morning, Cook, Catie, Chey, and I went to the Eggcredible Cafe for breakfast. We split some breakfast perogis, some golden waffles, and an avacado/sun-dried tomato benedict. The food was delicious, and I ate a LOT. We went back to my house for a bit, and then Catie dropped Chey and I off at Pearl St. We did some studying at Amante, with Andrew joining us later, and though it was nice having tea and a coffee-shop atmosphere, I had some trouble concentrating, and I didn't utilize time very well. Chey and I left later on, and we grabbed some pizza at Colore, and then we sat on the corner of Broadway and Spruce to wait for the HOP to come take us to campus.
Since then, I've parked myself in a favorite spot of mine here at the UMC along the railing above the main atrium. I've also started using an online white-noise generator, and I must say that the sound-cancellation of everything else around here has helped my concentration and focus considerably more. I just re-worked the problems on my math review, and though I still had some errors, I felt like I had total control over all the required material right now. And that's a good feeling.
I'm suppoed to grab dinner with Lauren later tonight, and then afterwards I have a good night's sleep to look forward to, so that I can keep the studying vibe strong tomorrow.
Next week is looking better and better!
-c
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment