What's Rockin: "Carry the Zero"- Built to Spill
I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. Dad woke me up multiple times grabbing pots out of my room, and then Cook finally woke me up to let me know the Collins family had arrived. I took the chai he brought home for me, ran upstairs, showered, and then joined everyone for chips and guac, and later some incredible Indian tacos. I'm kinda trying to get back on the whole "veg" binge again, but the beans and chili for today's meal was so incredibly worth it. It was a delicious and fun occasion, with lots of funny stories traded amongst each other, and all of us became incredibly stuffed with cake and mincemeat pie after the main course. They left afterwards, and soon after that, Mom and Dad took Cookie and Catie to the airport to go back to Denver. I played some Galaga and Ms. Pac Man for a little while, and then Chey put on some episodes of "Weeds" which I had never watched before. Pretty incredible show. I ended up watching five episodes with her while doing some more exercises in my Spanish workbook, as well as doing some notecards from the Jicarilla dictionary. We all went out to Flying Star for dinner in Corrales, and I gnoshed down a big Buddha bowl with tofu and a Red Stuff. I drove to Michelle's house afterwards, and after some conversation with her parents, Michelle and I went in my car to Frontier. We had sweet rolls and some milk, and we ended up having a good thorough conversation for some number of hours. I also ran into Alex Taft at one point. After lots of talk about memories and some romantic "confessions," we took off back to her place. I though my night was going to end by going home, but Emelye gave me a call on my way home, saying that Adam and Chris let her know that I was in town, and that she really wanted to see me. Adam and Chris didn't know, however, that I was still in town. We met at a tavern on San Pedro and Paseo Del Norte, but since it is Sunday, and the place was gonna close early, all of us ended up coming to my house to hang out for a while. Adam and Chris got Whataburger, and I had a beer. We talked about shitty roommates, anal sex, my ambitions with my oral history project, and all sorts of other fun things. All together, I'm really glad Emelye gave me that call, and I'm glad to see as many people as I did today.
I leave for Dulce tomorrow for a couple of days, and I'm really excited to talk and record interviews with my relatives. Like said, I just want to be on the "happy ending" side of things in my life this time.
-c
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment