Wednesday, December 9, 2009

whatup shitface?

After waking up this morning, I got a call from Cookie for breakfast. Even though I had a lot of work to get done, I obliged, and we had some tasty meals over at Walnut Cafe while catching up a little. He dropped me off for my Anthro class, where we started a fairly intense review for finals next week.

NEXT WEEK. I can't believe they came so fast.

I went to work on my math project at the music school afterwards, and though it was "complete" enough for the project and deadline, I did not finish enough calculations to make me happy. I'll probably finish it this week and try to turn in a renewed copy by the end of this week. After math class, I printed notes, and then Mod Lit class was another powerful oration by Professor Levitt about the importance of oral histories and how the stories of his own family were so influential for the book that he wrote. I will try to stay in touch with him this next coming semester and school year. I went to another scholarship meeting, and then I spent some time doing some notes for my J. Am. Int. class today for our presentations. Professor Maeda brought us homemade sushi as a treat! The presentations were kinda long but interesting, and it felt good to almost be done with that class, though I did learn a lot from the interviews and readings this semester. I walked home, and then Cristina came and picked me up for dinner. We went to the Buddha Thai Cafe in North Boulder, and we shared a delicious chicken teriyaki stir fry with a potato massaman curry and rice. I also had a really good sweet Thai iced tea. Cristina is a really nice girl. Again, I'm drawn to the tone of her voice, and she has brown eyes and an attractive complexion. We talked a lot about (amongst many things) technology, human ideals, her roommates, our cultural backgournds, and how she likes to shop at thrift stores. We conversed and ate past closing time, and by time I paid the check, the waiters were eating their own meals at the bar. She drove me home, and I probably would have gone to hang at her place if she didn't have so much homework to complete tonight. Next week will be good though.

Since then, it's been some Smash Bros, piano, tea, and getting ready for tomorrow. Again, the study load is pretty intense, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

-c

No comments: