I don't feel like turning on the computer when I get home anyways, so I might as well blog now.
Today's been a pretty long day of work. The snow and cold weather has not desisted in Boulder for the past couple of days, and it is not looking like it is going to end any time soon. I bundled up and briskly walked to my SLHS class, where we wrapped up the last lecture for the semester. There's 27 pages of notes I need to scrutinize these next couple of days. Oof. I took the bus to Amante to work on my math project afterwards, and I had some more green tea with a muffin to hold over as my breakfast. I went to the Boulder Bookstore to see if they did any book clubs, but I didn't really find any. I took some time to study over at the Boulder Library at that same really nice spot, but I could only do so much more work before deciding to go home and eat some lunch before jazz rehearsal. All this cold weather has made me listen to a lot of post rock and minimal electronica. I read some more of The Journey of Crazy Horse as I ate a burrito and hummus and pita chips, and then jazz rehearsal came far too soon. I took another walk over, and we read student arrangements the entire time. I like John Soldo's the best. Back at the music school, I took thirty minutes just to blow some horn for a while, and I kept thinking more and more about making a genuine effort to keep playing every day and get better at the trombone. It just seems right. Since then, I've been crammed in the music libary, dabbling more at my math project (due tomorrow...) and finishing up notes for Anthropology.
I guess that's why the finish lines of marathons are always so nicely decorated and celebrated.
-c
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment