Back to the 505 today. It feels great to escape the hollowness of Boulder right now.
Though it was a 7 hour drive, it actually was incredibly therapeutic after the way I felt yesterday. It felt great to just sit, drive, and listen through a couple of albums with nothing else to do but drive and think. Seeing the road pass by and gazing down the straighter stretches of the highway brought some uplifting consciousness to my life, and everything that was giving me depressing worries earlier seemed to disappear.
I listened through Interpol's "Antics", Royksopp's "Junior", Built to Spill's "Keep It Like A Secret", Washed Out's "Life of Leisure", Animal Collective's "Merriweather Post Pavilion", and I also listened to a really good episode of This American Life, which went into an investigative report of Penn State and the drinking lifestyle of students there, as well as other trends with student drinking that exist in our country. Pretty interesting.
I drank a ton of liquids and had to make a lot of pit stops. I made a stop in Trinidad and succumbed to eating a burger at Sonic. It was pretty freakin' delicious.
Anyways, I got back to Albuquerque around 7. I had some chicken teriyaki leftovers for dinner, and it felt nice just hanging out with Mom and Dad for a while. I met Dyl at Sattellite later on, as well as seeing other LC kiddos already, and then we spent the night making some beats and doing some freestyle back at my place.
Sleep sounds good.
-c
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment