Cookie tells me that missing a night of sleep hits you two days later instead of the day after. That's kind of a shitty thing to think about right now as I am ready to pass out again.
I woke up at 4:30 am last night, sweating, and after using the bathroom, my mind was racing out of control. I could not settle myself down, and I just got super stressed out and frustrated that I could not go back to sleep. I had thoughts about all my material belongs and whether or not I just have too much stuff in general. I regained sanity after watching some videos of Art Tatum and Dave Brubeck online, and that put me back into perspective of staying inspired.
By that time, it was 7 in the morning, so I showered, ate, and went to school. Out of crazy coincidence, I met another guy by the name of Arj at Norlin library that went to La Cueva, and he knew my brother and a huge amount of other people that went to school in Albuquerque. We sat down and had a nice long talk about everything for a while, something I hadn't done this semester. I got his number, and then I did some math homework before going to SLHS lecture. I dozed off and am pretty sure I didn't retain very much of the information presented today. I hung at the radio station, pulling music onto my computer, and after a catnap, had my show. It was a pretty good one, despite not really knowing what to play, but I came through with some good ideas. Afterwards, I boarded the bus, got a Big City burrito, and did math hw at home. Though I dreaded going to funk band rehearsal (just for not playing trombone for so long), I actually enjoyed myself there, and am glad we went. Slowly and slowly we're getting to be a bit more of a functional group. Back at home now, I'm ready to play Smash Bros, read a good, eat some cereal, and crash.
I'm also pretty eager to see Laura here pretty soon. She's back in town for her break. It'll be a really nice time, I hope.
-c
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment