There was a good 7 or 8 inches of snow that collected from last night's storm. I woke up to grey dimmed light seeping through the blinds by the windows. Sometimes just seeing that makes me want to stay in bed all day. I went out for a run instead. Actually, it was supposed to be some time spent at the rec center, but they were not open when I went over, so I ran around Boulder, listening to Elliott Smith and The Advantage the entire time. I showered and then blew some trombone for a little while before getting my bag and going to Amante to get some tea and finish Come With Me To Babylon. I think I've said it before, but it was a pretty incredible novel, and with that being finished, I'm on to reading Joseph Marshall III's The Journey of Crazy Horse. I spent some time studying at the Boulder Library, where I found a beautiful spot on the second floor that had a desk right next to a giant window that looked out north over Canyon Boulevard and Pearl Street and Mount Sanitas, which was covered in ice and snow. I worked some more on my math project, and I spent some more time transcribing the interview with Dr. Fuchigami. I had a phone talk with Mom during one break, and like talking to Dad last night, it was good to hear her advice about the tenacity of relationships, and that it's something you just can't really be prepared for, especially with expectations. I got hungry later on, so I packed up and got some pizza at Colore and read the introduction to Crazy Horse, and on the way home, after talking with Chey, I gave Cristina a call and suggested dinner together this Wednesday. I liked the tone of her voice on the phone, as if it gave a playful and cheerful tone to her, and I felt happy making that call. Back at home, I did some more work, and then Andrew and I cooked spaghetti together for dinner, and we had a nice conversation about girls and other things while we ate. Since then, I've been making more progress on my math report, but I am beginning to have thoughts that I may be too little too late to make it as deep and involved as I would wish. This week has already filled with so many assignments, obligations, and sanity-keeping routines, and it makes me look forward to winter break that much more to really garner some more time for books and music and friends.
Guess it's good that it's so cold outside so that I stay in and keep working. Everything's going to be good.
-c
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment