What's Rockin:
Nobuo Uetmatsu- "Eyes On Me"
Christmas season has treated me pretty well this year.
Didn't realize I updated last on Tuesday...so, Wednesday? I remember waking up and being surprised by all the snow outside. I grabbed lunch at Dos Hermanos, and then I hit up Guitar Center and Barnes and Noble in search of gifts. After a coffee stop at Satellite, I made some other shopping stops at Charlie's and Target. At home, I made some vegan stroganoff for dinner for the family, and we watched the Lobos lose their basketball game to Oral Roberts. The rest of that night was spent frosting cookies and kicking back, as well as wrapping gifts and watching Food Network.
Xmas Eve yesterday started off late. I slept until 11, and then I woke up when Mom and Chey got back to the house after picking up Cookie and Catie from the airport. We had Dos Hermanos for lunch, yet again for me, and then we spent some time getting the house ready for guests. Mom, Cook, Catie, and I went on a quick shopping trip to Trader Joes and Smiths. Cook and I got some pizza at Dions, and I ran into Marty, Natalie, and Charlie R. We did more preparation back at home, and by the evening, as I went to light the luminarias, friends and neighbors started showing up. Like most xmas eves these past couple of years, there was a lot of food, beer and wine had by all. It was also really cool to see some friends and relatives of friends I hadn't seen in a long time...the Tafts, the Jenks, and even talking with Jordan from across the street, as well as his girlfriend, was really cool. Everyone left by 1230 or so, and after bringing gifts down, I was out for the night by 2.
Christmas day ended up being really sunny for Albuquerque this year. Mom and Dad shook my cage by 8 in the morning, and I couldn't help but imagine years earlier in my life when I would be up by 530 just to get downstairs to my stocking and watch A Christmas Story over and over again. Anyways, gifts were good this year. I got:
-A sweet pair of Klipsch earphones
-A new Flip Video Camera
-Tambourine and Claves
-Tea bottle and a new Sigg
-Books
-Socks
-Juggling Pins
-A New Mexican Flag
We had a big breakfast of eggs benedict after the gift exchange, and after helping clean up, I took a nap for the afternoon. I went on a stroll around the block, and then I drove to Apo's house to give him the poster I bought at Charlie's. After talking with him and his family for a while, I came back home and watched Pineapple Express until it was time for dinner. We had a big display of salad, twice baked potatoes, asparagus soup, vegan popovers, a beef roast, sauteed salmon, some wine, and a chocolate and a spice cake for dessert. I did dishes again afterwards, and since then I've been pretty ready to pass out soon.
Holidays always seem to slow things down a little, but I can't help but think about this next coming semester already...guess I should keep my mind in Albuquerque for as long as I can. Or get to doing something productive again.
On ANOTHER note...reading my old LJ entries (http://tbone-foo.livejournal.com/) makes me feel all warm and fuzzy again. My oh my, where does time even go?
-c
Friday, December 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment