Today was pretty cool. I woke to Kenny snoozing at the end of my bed in my room. I had some cereal, talked with him for some plans, and then went to my Race/Gender/Science class. Today's discussion was a conclusion about "Spirit Catches You...", and we also discussed some of the media and medical portrayals and analyses of the immune system. I met Kenny and Alex at Foolish Craig's for lunch, and my throat was a little in the way from completely letting me enjoy my "Whole Lotta Huey" of eggs and grilled vegetables. I went to campus afterwards to warm up, and then in studio today, I was able to play all the way through my jury piece, and so far, it seems that it is getting better. Reed even came up to me afterwards and made some awesome suggestions, and it flattered me to hear his opinion that when he heard me play some of the faster notes spot on, I "sounded like a completely different player". I practiced more afterwards, also doing some playing with Justin in the practice rooms, and then jazz rehearsal tonight was productive. I did a lot of playing today, and my chops were getting pretty burnt by the end. I worked out afterwards with the five miles of running, and then I had some upper body work afterwards.
I keep thinking of Dr. Jensen's metaphor for my condition that he told me yesterday: it is like "a cat chasing its tail". I do not want to think about it, but somehow it is always going to be there, and the more I think about it, the more frustrated I am going to get.
I just wanna eat like a normal person. How does that even feel?
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment