Saturday, April 25, 2009

In the "zone"

Today was a good day. I started off a bit late just hanging in my room on YouTube, yet again, and then after a bowl of cereal I worked on fixing my bikes. I changed the tire in the 29er, and then I had a whole slew of purchases, returns, and exchanges with getting the correct rear bolt for my single-speed. After all was done, I biked to campus for Afro American Society, where I did my in-class essay about the term "Western Technoethnic Understanding" as a way to view technology as a way of understanding our culture through the examinations of technology past just an "accepted" form. I think it came off ok. I biked home afterwards for a second, and then I went to Bobby's piano workshop to look at the Ellington one more time. I ended up handing him the check, and it should be in the house by next week. I am a little intimidated, hesitant, and yet all stoke on it right now, but overall I think it is a very good investment. I even went to another piano store afterwards just to make sure that my mind was ok with such a purchase, and I think it is. I rested for a second at home before going to the music school for my jury today, and after a great warm up, I played really well for the brass staff. I sped home, got some stuff together, went to Sunflower to get some food, and then I went to Dustin's potluck for the evening. There were not too many people, but we ended up having a pretty fun time just talking and hanging out and such. Apparently Ashley really wanted to see me around there. I am getting a little weird of a vibe from her whether or not she likes me. Anyways, the girls and Ashley left a little later, and the rest of us had some food and socialized for a while before taking off for the Hill to the Goose to meet up with the girls. I also met up with Andrew and Curtis some time later as well. We did some hanging out up there before deciding to migrate to Pearl Street, and once we decided we were not going anywhere on Pearl, we walked down the mall, where I ran into everybody from Griff and Allison to Kells and some of the other jazz guys. The night ended at this party of a friend of Ben (someone who was at the potluck), where people were just kinda playing beer pong and kings cup, and some girls were so drunk they could not even stand up anymore. All in all, it was a fun night.

Tomorrow I am having brunch with Sarah at the Walnut Cafe. Should be a nice time to do so. Every time I have talked and hung out with her she has carried around a lively, engaged energy, and I like that.

-c

No comments: