Today started off on a fast start. I had some odd dreams last night, but for my state of mind right now, I think they may have disappeared from my memory. Maybe they will come up again sometime. I went right to work on my paper for RGS, and it ended up being a pretty interesting construction dealing with the view of the music industry through a sense of "oppositional consciousness" and some other thematics we have talked about in class. After all that and class, I went to the music school really quickly, I grabbed some Qdoba for lunch, and then I had my show. Overall, it was pretty cool. I am really trying to dig more and more into the old vinyl records at the station, and I think I pulled out some new favorites during today's show. I went to the bank afterwards to transfer some money in my home savings to my account here at CU for the purchase of the acoustic upright piano. I think I might have flirted a little more with the bank teller as well. Her name is Alex, and she has some pretty blue eyes and some cute bangs hovering above her face. So after that, I had jazz rehearsal, and we just turned in music and spent some time doing some improvisation ideas with a blues progression, and it ended up being a lot of fun. We went outside at one point with some sound painting, and it just felt great getting a chance to blow my horn outside, as doing that was something that I wanted to do for a long time. I ended up dawdling around in the band room on my guitar, on the piano, and on my trombone for a little longer afterwards before finally skating back home and just chillin' out.
I have been thinking more and more these days about "efficiency" in many ways. I keep thinking of outstanding musicians, and the more I think about those things, I think that they are some of the most efficient practicers that exist in the entire world. The level of that commitment is incredible to the point where their voice in the instrument is the one way that they seek to be immortalized in human history, but these peoples jut know how to practice and meditate their sessions so well. I keep reading all some other different websites with practice, and they tend to have a lot of focus on breaking down a process into a much more manageable set of parts that carry relationships with each other. For practicing piano, one site recommends sets of twenty minutes at the very maximum, with breaks of mental rest inbetween. I think Shu-Wei may have told me the same thing back when I was doing lessons with her last semester, and I think it is about time I give it a good shot to try such a deal. It is also important for myself too to keep up the physical activity. No use trying to do anything if my body is in no shape to do so.
Now, if trying to deal with being comfortable about finding a girl would be this easy...
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment