Monday, April 27, 2009

Shine your light for the world to see

Well shit, entry number one hundred. So goes another blog landmark for me. Still have a lot of work to catch up to Livejournal, however...it is a little fascinating reading the "progress" in writing these chains of thoughts, compared to my writing back then...

Today started a bit upsetting. I woke up to grey light pouring through the windows, and outside, there was a snow-dusted landscape, with cars sloshing through wet roads. Damned be it all Colorado weather messes with your head and your emotional stability. Theory this morning was kinda short, and aural skills was even shorter. Because of the short classes, I went home and then conjured the idea to cook in the crock pot for dinner, so I made a trip to Sunflower for some groceries, and I put together a good stew of sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, onions, white beans, spices, and some New Mexican red chile powder for a good "kick". I did some reading and some studying before going to Afro Am. Fam., and in the hour before writing class, I took care of some financial transfers at the bank, and then I spent some time on the UMC rooftop settling my mind down. I was going into some existential woes during Afro Am. and thinking again "what the hell am I gonna do with education???," and just being up there, looking at the clouds drizzle moisture onto the Flatirons, thinking in my mind what I want my future to become within music and cultural mixing and understanding, helped settle those doubts. Writing class I finally felt somewhat engaged with comments again. I went to the gym for a bit afterwards for a little lifting, and after stopping by McGuckins to finally get the light set for the paper lantern Chey gave to me for Christmas (which is now joyfully glowing in the corner of my room), I spent the evening at home, unsuccessfully attempting to do some more work in the four papers that will need work this week, and instead watching Jeopardy and "Magic Tricks Finally Revelaed". 

My stomach has gotten weird tonight. I did not even get to enjoy my crock pot creation very much, yet somehow I am still pounding down peanut M&Ms like nothing. Oh well. I could use some of the weight. I am just going to take that as a sign that I should be KO for the night, and that I could use the rested opportunity to get a shit-ton of work complete tomorrow.

-c 

No comments: