Monday, April 6, 2009

On Our Way.

This morning started with a pretty mellow theory class. Professor Elliott is very kindly letting me "skip" a quiz for aural skills off of missing last week's quiz because of my late arrival. I really enjoyed practicing this morning downstairs with some etudes and my jury piece. I got a smoothie afterwards, and then critical thinking was some student presentations. Afro Am. society was a discussion about Nikki Giovanni and the importance of understanding and studying Western education within the black student in multiple perspectives. I went home and drove to Louisville in Andrew's car to find out my GI appointment was in Longmont, so I ended up having to truck over and get to the office an hour late. Lucky for me, they were cool with it. So with Dr. Jensen, the best news I heard from him is that with the symptoms I described to him, he let me know at my age, and from how much smoking/drinking I did tell him I did at the time the symptoms were coming about, he does not believe that I have anything really permanent or seriously dangerous enough to warrant even an endoscopy, and he ended up prescribing a more virulent proton pump inhibitor. In my mind, it just read to me to keep doing what I am doing with stress and time management, as well as my diet, and so afterwards I had a little bit of a "renewed" sense enough to go get a chicken salad sandwich from Snarf's in Longmont before coming back home. Jeopardy was on TV, and then later was the NCAA championship, which I watched with Curtis and Steve. I did not do anything outside the house tonight except relax and veg and play a ton of piano and guitar. I am getting burned out, but I think some rest will help me stay on track for the rest of the week and the next upcoming weeks as well.

Once again, time for the beauty of the unconscious...

-c

No comments: