Monday, April 13, 2009

Braindrain

Last night I stayed up until 5:20 because I was working on my theory composition, which, at the time, held on to a more "assignment" label. Knowing my own habits, however, I quickly pleaded for more time to turn it from an "assignment" into a "personal pride". I guess it was still a pretty ok piece, though, but by time I performed it for my aural skills class and everyone else had played their pieces, I stayed in "the moment" writing another tonal composition for piano in A flat major akin to something of a Chopin/Beethoven sounding waltz. I have been working on it fairly steadily today, and I hope to finish it by this week.

So yeah, crazy day. I only had an hour of sleep, and biking to school this morning, it was one of those hazy feelings of consciousness where I had already recognized how deprived I was of rest from the previous night, and everything just felt in the moment, I guess, as if I had accepted my choices and knew what I was doing for the morning.

I came home and worked more on my piano composition before crashing for two hours, and after I woke, I did more work on said composition. Writing class was nice, all I really remember that was worthwhile was hearing about Chelsea's experience of staying awake for four days straight for a clinical study. Back at home Kenny and his crew soon came over, as well as Cook and Catie ever late, and we hung around in my room and played guitars and sat around for a bit. We went to Moongate for dinner, and my throat was not in a good mood, so I have waited until just a little bit ago to get some food in my stomach. Like, real food. I have been on a bit of a binge of the leftover baked goods Andrew's mother left for us.

The more I read out of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, the more I am intrigued on the relationships that everything in life contains. If only to say very briefly, for the moment.

I wonder when I will ever get to the time where I can be in isolation to digest my own memory and my understanding of the world, and be able to translate my own philosophies to the world. Until then, I guess the best thing is to feel positive for the future and to always live in the present.

-c

No comments: