Tuesday was kinda packed. I had class, and then I did some warming up for studio that afternoon with a break at Cheeba Hut before going to studio, where myself and others played our solos with our accompanists. I did some composition reworking afterwards for a long time, and then I got ice cream down at Ben and Jerry's for "free cone" day. I also paid a visit to Erica at the Boulder Bookstore and also Sarah at Pizza Colore. Lucky for me, my 29er got a flat, so I had to walk home to Kenny hanging out at the house, waiting for Alex and Kyle. I went to school one more time for a rehearsal with Justin, and then back at home I stayed up doing theory homework for a while.
This morning, I made it to school early to warm up for the composition concert. All the pieces that were played today were pretty good, as it is always pretty interesting to see what our peers are "capable" of creating in a world and education of honoring these "unattainable" individuals of whom we study. Afterwards, aural skills was more in-class exercises, and then I warmed up some more for my lesson. Overall, Bill was impressed with my playing once I really started listening to the piano more intently, and so now I feel fairly prepared for the jury on Friday. I still have not figured out a good time to schedule yet, however. Critical thinking was more student presentations. Afro Am. Fam was more discussions about sexual education within the black family. I talked with Rolf about my woes for writing class before the writing class. I kept saying that I am so flooded with all this school work, but I know deep down inside of me that I have slacked on that class pretty badly. At least Rolf is an awesome guy. After that, I went to Full Cycle, Half Fast, and then I spun some vinly on 1190 before going to the music school to work some more on my paper.
Since then, piano and YouTube have eaten up my time again. I am still learning...
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment