Today was a steadily productive day, with some breaks in-between. I woke up and went on a run while there was still sun outside, and overall I felt kinda weak the entire run. I would get into moments where I would "try to realize I was alive" to make myself feel better, but I dunno, I guess I have not gone on a run in a while. After a shower, Andrew and I went to Costco to stock up on some necessary groceries. If anything, it was nice just to go on a little drive while the sun was still out, and by time we were returning, the clouds were dawning in from the northern direction. I spent the afternoon going into twenty minute cycles of practicing piano and reading some texts for my writing project, involving a ton of historical, sociological, and musicological analyses of various genres of music in our history. I ate some spaghetti for dinner, and then I kept the pattern going, with some practice of guitar at one point as well. I got some cabin fever, so I ended up migrating here to Folsom St. right now to get some more work done with a glass of their house herbal tea. The guys have got some emo-as-shit music playing on in the background, and with the exception of a hearing of Smahing Pumpkin's "Tonight, Tonight," it reminds me how dwindling, self-indulgent, uncharismatic, bland, and DUMB emo music is.
Here it goes again: I get really late into the stages of a paper, and slowly by slowly, my personal interest escalates with the possibilities this paper could have if I had a couple of more weeks to spend with it. Oh well. Summer yields a lot of opportunity; however, I am a little in peril with a text from Chey this morning that read "Come to Hawaii :( ". I just do not know. A bit of an existential moment, but I hope I can make amends.
Oh yeah, Chey has decided for CU Boulder! This is going to be a really interesting semester coming up in August...
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment