Monday, April 20, 2009

Just Another Holiday

For the amount of rave 420 gets here in Boulder, I almost just see it as something like Thanksgiving or Christmas, where it is another gathering of peoples to have mass consumption all at once of a whole lotta food (and for this case, marijuana). Maybe it is just me speaking, but whatever makes the people happy, I guess, is good. I just do not know about marijuana anymore. I am almost gone through this experience as now saying to myself that I really do not need it, and I feel that so many people who do smoke it these days almost are seeking "escapes" or something from something that they could really be. I do not know, but I am just trying to understand my own life and my own existence on this planet, I guess. Marijuana has taught me an incredible lesson, but I might be going on to something else in my life right now.

I woke up kinda late, ate some cereal, and then got to theory twenty minutes late. Aural skills was more in-class exercises. I practiced some and broke in some "weather-battered" chops, and then Critical Thinking was more student presentations. Afro Am. was group work. I got some food at Tra-Lings and ate some of it outside before having a short siesta in the shade before writing class, which ended up just being a "group work session" of pretty much all of us just talking and sitting around while everyone gathered outside. I was there for "the moment" and then was soon over to Sam's recital this afternoon. She played really well, I thought a lot more confidently then the last recital last semester. I played trombone afterwards, and since then I have been at home, contemplating an early bedtime and getting work done in the morning.

All I want to do right now is just play more piano. I have obsessively been listening to a YouTube recording of Livia Rev's 90th birthday performance of Beethoven's Piano Sonata in E Major, Opus 109 Something about it just rings so nice to my ears that I am determined to play it at some point in my lifetime. That and a whole lot more. I just want to be on the stage so much these days.

-c

No comments: