-c
Friday, April 17, 2009
Here's To Life
Today was incredible! I woke kinda late and went to my RGS class and got the whole laydown for our oral presentation final. I went to Cheeba Hut for lunch for a delicious "Grievo" sandwich of guacamole, hemp cream cheese, and a ton of mushrooms and vegetables, and then I purchased tickets for tomorrow's Highlife concert with Victor Wooten! My radio show today was pretty nice. I did not have very much music prepared or in mind, but it was still cool just trying out all sorts of things and going with the flow. Something randomly good: there was free popcorn and cookies in the UMC bookstore...I ended up taking five free cookies and eating a lot of them. I warmed up a little afterwards and then biked home in the rain to get dressed and mentally ready for the concert tonight. After a sound check, we played and rocked out! I think for the most part we played really well, and I really enjoyed my solo during "Kids Are Pretty People". So afterwards, CU Jazz I owned Grusin hall. Everyone just sounded AWESOME tonight, and the guest conductor and the guest clarinetist were incredible! They played some really awesome compositions that were little arrangements jumping from multiple perspectives of jazz, going anywhere from ragtime into traditional big band to latin to all sorts of other genres. By far I think tonight was the best concert I have heard put out from the CU jazz department. I came home on the bus and then drove to QDoba for a burrito before going to C. Lawrence's house for a party going down celebrating the fact that him and Chase got jobs. I got to meet a lot of new people, and with this one girl Erica I had a very spirited talk about indie music and also so many things that have been on my mind with philosophical self-understanding. The party pretty much went into a silly dance off afterwards, and at one point I threw down a two minute freestyle for Chris on camera. Overall, a great night, and now I feel that I am delaying my bedtime. Tomorrow will be incredible! Too bad the weather's a little gloomy, but there will be a ton going down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dude they are building a chieba hut in flagstaff
Post a Comment