Today started with confidence. I had a good breakfast, got all my belongings together in time, and I had my SLHS midterm, which I think I did really well on. It was a weird flurry of emotions, however, as I found out I lost my keys after walking out of the classroom with such jubilation and spirit earlier. I got pretty pissed off, and after some futile attempts to search and locate, I had to calm myself down, go get some coffee at Roma, read a book, and then come back to try one more time. Sure enough, the second search yielded my keys lodged hidden in-between two seats. I met with Chey really quickly, ran into Ashley B., and then had a good warm-up at the music school. I went home, ate lunch with Daniel, and then tried fooling around on my laptop to try to connect some MIDI controllers through an interface. Didn't really work out so well. I had jazz rehearsal afterwards, and that was pretty fun. Dr. Davis had an ending talk about how everything in the music we play should be as "musical" as possible, and though that should seem so obvious, I think it's something we can forget a lot as well. I had a good mean workout afterwards, and back at home, Chey was hanging out with Larry and all her friends. It ended up turning into an extended bout of Smash Bros matches, and I was going all over the place all excited. Later on, I drove to Lauren's house with a bottle of white wine. She provided the dessert, and we ate and talked with each other for a long time.
So far, it's been a GREAT birthday. I'm using the Flip video camera to document the entire day, and I'm going to make a movie out of it to post online later. Can't wait to see how it's gonna turn out!
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment