Today I evaluated again how much my life is changing.
Wednesday was a pretty good day. I had a massive breakfast burrito by myself at Flying Star for lunch. I went to Guitar Center and picked up a new MIDI keyboard, and then after going to the bank and Harbor Freight Tools, as well as Keva Juice, I got some work done at the library. I had some lasagna with the family for dinner. Later that night, Dad and I unsuccessfully tried to repair my nice headphones. I met with Apo later, and after going to Oneil's pub for fries and a beer, we hung out with Alex Jenks at his house. Alex was a little too excited and drank too much. He threw up, and soon afterwards, Apo and I went home. Cook and Cate finally were back in town as I got back.
Thanksgiving on Thursday was lethargic. I didn't leave the house ONCE the entire day. I woke and watched tv, and we had burritos and coffee in the morning. I didn't do much as the fam cooked the meal. We ate by 3:30 in the afternoon, and we had all the Thanksgiving goods, plus some wine and a lot of pie. I kinda passed out on the floor for a sec, but I woke to read more of Godric in the evening. I also watched the last of Angels and Demons with the family. Otherwise, I was texting Lauren a lot and just mulling around. I passed out finally around midnight.
Today was pretty chill. Cook woke me with a phone call, and then all of us went out to the Range for breakfast. There was a line, so Cook and I went to Hobby Lobby to buy a frame, Hastings to read magazines, and then breakfast was pretty effing tasty. I had Christmas Huevos. We went to Whole Foods afterwards, and then everyone got lazy back at home. I worked on a beat with my new controller, and in the afternoon, Apo and Katey picked me up for a hike in the East Mountains. It wasn't much of a hike as much of strolling on this trail for a while, but it felt good to move around, and it was nice talking with those guys for a while. Back at home, the fam and I cooked some post-Thanksgiving pies. I brought one up to Andrew's house for the potluck he had for his friends. It was cool just hanging out and eating (yet again), and later we played some telephone pictionary. I got super tired, though, and I feel bad for bailing on the other guys, but I wasn't in the mood for anything else afterwards.
I say that life is changing just because I can't stop thinking about so much going down in Boulder right now. I love my life and I love my friends, but as for everyone else I've known here in my life, that distance just keeps growing and growing. It's pretty incredible to just think of that distance, I guess.
I just keep daydreaming about what to do with my life, and more and more about what's important in my life. I dunno.
-c
Friday, November 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment