Daniel woke me up this morning with a text message. I got ready, and once Andrew and Daniel came over, we were out of town pretty quickly. I didn't get a chance to say bye to Dad, though, but I'll be seeing the family in a matter of weeks. We did another stop at Java Joe's in Santa Fe, and then the trip up was pretty fast, maybe due in part to listening to Eddie Izzard stand-up comedy and also by traveling familiar roads. We stopped in Trinidad to eat some brie cheese sandwiches Andrew's mom made for us, and then it was my turn to drive. I listened to music and an episode of "This American Life" that involved "horror" stories from different people. I drove until just outside of Colorado Springs, and after Andrew took the wheel, I spent the rest of the time finishing Godric.
Getting back into Boulder always feels so good. The first memory that shot to my mind was the memory of us just leaving a week ago on a sunny morning. We unloaded, and I spent the evening putting stuff away in my room and reorganizing. I went to Sunflower for milk, and I ran into Maya at the cashier stand. Again, I don't think I could do something like that anywhere outside of Boulder. Cook and Cate came over to drop Chey and my key off, and that's been about it.
I'm still thinking a lot about the talk Dylan and I had last night, and again, I still think I'm taking his advice to heart, and it's really helping me think things through straight for these next couple of weeks. It's like I'm trying to avoid those moments where one night feels like forever because I obsess over things I want so badly, mainly personal and affectionate wants. But after getting some advice like last night, it doesn't feel so hard to really understand what I need to do.
Good night.
-c
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment