This last week has worn me out from all the exciting things going on. My birthday was amazing! Mom and Dad came to town and took me and Cookie out for brunch at the Walnut Cafe. Making my birthday video was awesome, and I had a lot of fun using my Flip video camera for the entire experience. As a matter of fact, I shall refer to that video for documentation of my birthday recollections. Watch it if you haven't already. Great birthday.
The day after was a little slow. I slept through my SLHS lecture, and then I met with Mom and Dad and Cookie for some lunch at Snarfs. I did my radio show afterwards, and Mom and Dad even came downstairs to come check it out. Mom seemed pretty happy watching me DJ for once. I had jazz rehearsal afterwards, followed immediately with a rehearsal with the funk/soul band. I wasn't feeling it just because I was so exhausted from not sleeping enough the entire week. I called everyone for the party, and I also finally had my phone chat with Laura for a while. Somehow, I felt a little jealous of her when she started talking about studying abroad in Nepal for next semester. I hate when I feel like I'm trying to be so important to other people that I want to overwhelmingly spend time with them. I'm still getting over those feelings.
I slept through Anthropology on Friday morning because I was so tired. I finished my video for the birthday and had it posted online, and that gave me a rush of excitement showing it off finally. I had math class in the afternoon, and then I hung out at Cafe Roma and read The Onion and hung out with Alex for a bit. I had my advising meeting, and I am now confirmed for an expected graduation date of Fall 2010 in Ethnic Studies. I figured it would give me enough time to actually make a good project and research topic for the degree. I spent the afternoon cleaning the house and getting shit together for the party. Chey, Andrew and I went to Larkburger for dinner, and we got the groceries and booze afterwards. The party was a lot of fun. It started a little slow, but as any party goes, people got progressively drunker, including myself, and like any positive correlation, the drunker the people get, the more fun the party is. We played spoons, hung out, did a massively staggering game of telephone pictionary, and at one point, Andrew busted out a birthday rap, and we did a classic freestyle-down for the party. We all ended up hanging out late until 3:45 at night. I was completely worn out by the time I hit the bed.
Today almost feels like a Sunday. We made gingerbread-pumpkin pancakes with eggs and veggie sausage for breakfast, and we watched the episode of South Park about people with Harley Davidsons. The weather was beautiful and sunny, so I went on a bike ride around town while listening to my iPod for a bit. I napped for a little while back at home, and upon coming here on my bike, I saw Andrew's parked by Illegal Petes, and after calling him up, he was with Lauren and her friend Mallory, so we all walked and hung together on Pearl street for a bit. I still have a lot of feelings for Lauren when we walk together and hang out, and I have an inkling of feeling that she might still feel that same way as well, but I am still really unsure what to do about it.
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment